Chewy is always SO fast with their deliveries. Once they say it is on the way about 87 seconds later the door bell is ringing with our package. Here is what the Orijen freeze dried dog food package looked like when it came to our house.
This is what the medallions look like before you rehydrate them.
Dadster then was supposed to put into 4 pieces (guess he can't count very well)
In order to make them even more yummy, dadster poured 1/4 cup warm water over my medallion and let it soak for 5 minutes (bag said 3-5 minutes). He checked it in 5 minutes and it still wasn't soft so I had to wait another few minutes (felt like 87 years though).
Once it was soft throughout all of it he mixed it up real good and then poured it on my dry adult Orijen kibble
Come on dad hurry up with that food! It smells YUMMY!
I had to give it a good sniff before I dove in
I was actually eating pretty fast which is unusual for me. I pick and pick at my food and NEVER eat it all. I always leave some kibble in the bowl.
As you can see, this time I left NO kibble in the bowl. I was actually licking the bowl clean. Momster doesn't think she has EVER seen me lick my bowl clean.
Starr had to come over and make sure I got my bowl REALLY clean.
So in review. The things we liked about the Orijen freeze dried food is:
- It is one of the highest nutritional foods we have found on the market to date
- It comes in a resealable bag
- I actually ate it all and licked the bowl clean which I NEVER do
Some of the things we didn't like were:
- The writing on the bag is pretty small and kind of hard to read.
- The feeding guidelines only go up to a dog who is 33 pounds.
- The cost, it is pretty expensive if you used this sole food source. But after speaking to an Orijen rep at a local event we just attended, she recommended using this as a topper which would work out well for us and is what we plan to do.
Overall, we feel the good by far out weighs the bad and WILL be buying this again in the future. Thank you Chewy for allowing us to do this review.
Oh...one last thing. Louisville Weimaraner Rescue will receive a $20 donation for any NEW customers at Chewy.com making their first purchase if they just use this LINK HERE
In exchange for our review we did receive a free bag 6 oz. bag of the new freeze dried food to try