Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Chewy Review

It's that time again. Our great friend over at Chewy asked us to do another review. This time it is for Orijen's new Adult Freeze Dried dog food. We were very anxious to try this out as Starr, Tempie and I all currently eat Orijen dry dog food (Tempie still eats Puppy formula though).

Chewy is always SO fast with their deliveries. Once they say it is on the way about 87 seconds later the door bell is ringing with our package. Here is what the Orijen freeze dried dog food package looked like when it came to our house.

 photo EJWB_0568_zps708a52da.jpg

This is what the medallions look like before you rehydrate them.

 photo EJWB_0572_zps17d58614.jpg

Dadster then was supposed to put into 4 pieces (guess he can't count very well)

 photo EJWB_0573_zps12b1e47d.jpg

In order to make them even more yummy, dadster poured 1/4 cup warm water over my medallion and let it soak for 5 minutes (bag said 3-5 minutes). He checked it in 5 minutes and it still wasn't soft so I had to wait another few minutes (felt like 87 years though).

 photo EJWB_0576_zpse7a24d8d.jpg

Once it was soft throughout all of it he mixed it up real good and then poured it on my dry adult Orijen kibble

 photo EJWB_0581_zps67dd99ff.jpg

Come on dad hurry up with that food! It smells YUMMY!

 photo EJWB_0585_zpsddabe694.jpg

I had to give it a good sniff before I dove in

 photo EJWB_0590_zps6df338b1.jpg

I was actually eating pretty fast which is unusual for me. I pick and pick at my food and NEVER eat it all. I always leave some kibble in the bowl.

 photo EJWB_0595_zps5cbd053b.jpg

As you can see, this time I left NO kibble in the bowl. I was actually licking the bowl clean. Momster doesn't think she has EVER seen me lick my bowl clean.

 photo EJWB_0598_zps2fe2822a.jpg

Starr had to come over and make sure I got my bowl REALLY clean.

 photo EJWB_0604_zps74e264cd.jpg

So in review. The things we liked about the Orijen freeze dried food is:

- It is one of the highest nutritional foods we have found on the market to date
- It comes in a resealable bag
- I actually ate it all and licked the bowl clean which I NEVER do

Some of the things we didn't like were:

- The writing on the bag is pretty small and kind of hard to read.
- The feeding guidelines only go up to a dog who is 33 pounds.
- The cost, it is pretty expensive if you used this sole food source. But after speaking to an Orijen rep at a local event we just attended, she recommended using this as a topper which would work out well for us and is what we plan to do.

Overall, we feel the good by far out weighs the bad and WILL be buying this again in the future. Thank you Chewy for allowing us to do this review.

Oh...one last thing. Louisville Weimaraner Rescue will receive a $20 donation for any NEW customers at Chewy.com making their first purchase if they just use this LINK HERE

In exchange for our review we did receive a free bag 6 oz. bag of the new freeze dried food to try

7 comments:

  1. Great review, you guys and gals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is freeze dried raw it shoud be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. It almost makes me want to be a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we should try some of this for Millie. She can be a bit of a pokey eater too.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! That looks soooo yummy!! I am droolin' all overs myself!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. My inner intestinals are growling at me after this scrumptious review....it looks kost yummylicious

    Pibble sugars
    Brinks and bella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I LOVE reading all the comments.

xoxo
Sagira